I am rarely "in the moment" in fact, I am a very scattered, doing 12 things at once, non focused person. Today, Joshua and I had a busy morning. He is still cranky from his teeth (I think it is his teeth, but I could be wrong), and his schedule was topsy turvy. Also, I had to go out to the burbs to pick up a Craigslist find (Yay cheap used stuff!).
Anyway, after our crazy morning, Rox called to see if I wanted to go to the zoo. I did, but Joshua was not cooperating, so I let him sleep instead of trying to make him do what I wanted. After he woke up from his nap, we just hung out at home, playing in the living room. I didn't mind that he was making a mess, I didn't worry about how I was going to get the laundry done, or anything else. We just played together, and it was perfect.
Now I gotta go clean up the mess...at least I spent a little time today enjoying my son.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
In the moment (Laura's post)
Posted by Laura S at 8:31 PM
Labels: Laura's thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aren't those moments the best? (Not the doing many things at once being scattered, but the enjoying our children.) I'm trying to do that more and more, and forgetting what's on my list, because frankly it IS more fun!
Okay 1) "Laura's thoughts". I can't help but hear in my head "deep thoughts with Laura. I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and gosh-darn-it, people like me" Nyuck, nyuck
2) Two snaps up to you for allowing yourself to just "be". You're a human being, not a human doing! Sometimes I feel guilty for days like that. Like I should have planned a down day. Is there any rest for motherhood guilt? Yeah, we can sleep when we're dead, right?
Post a Comment