We just got back from an awesome few days at Nicole Foster's favorite place, Village Creek Bible Camp. Seriously, all of you friends in the midwest with kids who like the outdoors should go. A little about the week here and you can see a video mashup of our adventures at the end.
First of all, VCBC is located in Northeast Iowa. As I am only familiar with the parts of Iowa to be seen from the I-80, I did not have great expectations for the area we were going. I was wrong, it was beautiful. There are a lot of ridges and valleys and streams, just a pretty, peaceful spot.
We arrived on Sunday evening after driving most of the day -- road trips with toddlers not nearly as fun as road trips alone :) When we got there, the Fosters met us and we all had dinner together. Joshua was glad to see Charlotte after being promised her company all day. The rest of that evening we got settled in and had an opening chapel.
Monday morning, we met are awesome family helper, Tristy, and spent time over the next several days doing camp things, trying to get Joshua to take a pony ride (a no-go), strapping Joshua into the harness on the trampoline, a kayak ride for Andy and me, hiking, paintball for Andy, and a night zipline for the two of us again. It was a great time of hanging with friends and each other. We are looking forward to returning!
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Camp
Posted by Laura S at 1:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My kids would have loved that place! Josh is so darn cute! You have matching eye color! (it would also make a great wall color!)
Awesome!! I loved the video. I had to wait until tonight to see it because I didn't want to watch it at work. What fun! Oh my gosh, that looks like such a blast for everyone! The paintball pics had me in stiches. Good for you guys!
fxpudthat sounds sooo fun!! I cannot watch teh video :( but I am so glad you all got to go and have a blast!!
Post a Comment